Reasons to Partner with Special Olympics Southern California
Special Olympics is not just about competition, although our competitive programs are among the most recognized and respected in the world.
- Special Olympics has a 95% recognition rate and is the largest sports organization in the world.
- Special Olympics Southern California provides FREE year-round sports training and athletic competition to thousands of children and adults with intellectual disabilities from San Luis Obispo and Bakersfield to San Diego.
- Among athletes, donors and volunteers, Special Olympics touches the lives of one in every six families.
- There are more than 15,000 volunteers and 40,000 donors that make Special Olympics possible in Southern California.
Program Impact on Special Olympics Athletes:
- Gain self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Experience friendships on and off the playing field.
- Have more opportunities to socialize with non-disabled peers.
- Know what it is like to be part of a large social network.
- Typically participate in Special Olympics for more than 10 years.
- Our athletes are five times more likely to hold a job or be gainfully employed than their peers who do not participate in our athletic training programs.